·1 year & 6 months teaching experience at B.Ed. level.
·17 years teaching experience at M.Ed. level in the University Dept.
1 year experience as Principal in the University Colleges of Teacher Education Centres, under MahatmaGandhiUniversity
Experience as Research Guide
Guiding M.Ed., M.Phil, and Ph.D. students from 1995 onwards.
Awarded Ph.D. degree to 11 students under guidance
3 students, under guidance have submitted Ph.D. Thesis.
12 students are doing research for Ph.D. under the guidance.
Completed a major Project of SSA on “The impact of Cluster Training in the teaching learning processes in the Schools of Kerala.” and submitted as the Principal Investigator of the Project.
Experience as Subject expert
Interview Board member in BSRB. Examination Board member in PSC.
Experience in Question paper setting
Chairperson of Board of Question paper setters of CalicutUniversity
Question paper setter in AlagappaUniversity
Question paper setter in KeralaUniversity
Question paper setter of “SET” examination, Govt. of Kerala
Question paper setter in MahatmaGandhiUniversity
Experience as Examination Board Member
Member of Examination Board of Kerala, Calicut, Sree Sankaracharya and MahatmaGandhiUniversities at B.Ed. M.Ed. and M.Phil level.
Contributed a chapterin the book “Professional Competency in Teaching” edited by A. Jahitha Beegum, Mahesh Bhargava and M. Vakkil
Articles & Research Papers published
20 papers are published
1.Realization of the prevailing educational practices. - Pedagogics
2.Programmed materials – A strategy in Secondary School – physics. – Peet Peadagogic Discourses
3.Effect of Audio Laboratory Instruction in deformalizing the teaching of science in primary schools of Kerala. - Pedagogics
4.Some prolonged arguments about Education of Deaf in the State of Kerala - Pedagogics
5.Attitude of parents towards open schools in Kerala - Pedagogics
6.Utility awareness of secondary school students in Science - International Educator
7.Influence of Home Environment on Certain behaviour problems of Adolescents - Teens
8.Activity oriented approach : A wider prospective - Pedagogics
9.Integrating technology in Science Teaching - Edutracks
10.Multimedia approach - An Effective instructional Strategy at Higher Secondary Level. - - Pedagogics
11.Developing Certain strategies for enhancing language skills.- International Journal for Research and Extension.
12.Effect of Kit approach on the achievement in biology at the Secondary School Level-Pedagogics.
13.An Investigation in to the computation skills among Primary School students: Interdisciplinary Biannual Journal
14.“Catch them young”: An Analytical Assessment of the scheme for the promotion of excellence among gifted children – GCTE Journal of Research and extension in Education.
15.Radio, Computer and Lecture : A Triangulate comparison :- International Educator.
16.Integrating process Approach with Specific writing strategies for enhancing writing skills among Secondary School Students : Journal of Educational Endeavours .
17.Reflective thinking Strategy : A novel Practices for Science Teaching and learning :- GCTE Journal of Research and Extension in Education.
18.Reflective thinking strategy vs. creativityamong secondary school students – Pedagogics
19.Stimulating LinguisticAestheticand Objectified Pre-reading skillsof pre-schoolers – Indian EducationalReview
20.Reflective Thinking Strategy vs. Creativity among Secondary School Students: Pedagogics.
Associate Editor of the Journal ‘Pedagogics’ published from the School of Pedagogical Sciences, MahatmaGandhiUniversity, Kottayam from 1998 onwards.
Paper presentations at International level
17 papers were presented at International Seminars/Conferences
1. Presented a Paper on “Empowering the learners in managing emotional life for excellence” in the International Conference on “Empowering Learners beyond cognition” (Sponsored by NAAC & DST) at V.O.C. College of education, Thoothukudi, dated 30-11-2006 to 02-12-2006.
2. Presented a Paper on “Attitude of parents towards their children with mental retardation”. In the International Rehabilitation Conference on “Channeling the challenges of Disability” at HolyCrossCollege, Trichy, dated 7-09-2006
3. Presented a Paper on “Strategy based on multiple intelligence: A powerful tool at secondary level” in the International conference on “Teacher Education in the Context of globalization” at, New Horizon College of Education, Bangalore dated 4,5,6, April-2005
4. Presented a paper on “Emotional intelligence: A powerful tool for the improvement of Quality in Education” in the International Seminar on “Holistic Education in a Technology driven Era” (in collaboration with UGC) at MarTheophilusTrainingCollege, Trivandrum dated. 23.01.06 to 26.01.06
5. Presented a paper on “A Comparative Analysis of Emotional Intelligence and its dimensions: EC, ES and EM in Primary and Secondary school Teachers in the International Conference on “Educational Research and Learning beyond Cognition” at St. Thomas College of Teacher Education, Pala, dated 31-05-2007 to 02-06-2007
6. Presented a paper on “Effectiveness of Tomatis Method and Structural Teaching in Primary School students with Autistic Symptoms” in the Inernational Conference on “Educational Research in the era of Globalisation” at PeriyarUniversity, Salem dated 28-11-2007 to 30-11-2007
7. Presented a paper on “Primary School Students with Conduct Disorders: A Multimode Remediation programme with special reference to Strokes.” In the International Seminar on “Cognitive Restructuring – Linking with Classroom Competencies and Life skills”, at N.S.STrainingCollege, Changanassery dated 14-12-2007 to 15-12-2007
8. Presented a paper on “Habit Reversal Technique and Relaxation Method Minimising Tick Disorders.” In the International Conference on “Higher Education and Globalisation: Prospects and Challenges” at Mother Teresa Women’s University, Kodaikkanal dated 23-02-2008 to 24-02-2008
9. Presented a paper on “Impact of EDUSAT on Secondary School Students and Teachers.” In the International Conference on “Quality enhancement in Educational Communication” at BharatidasanUniversity, Tiruchirappalli dated 29-03-2008 to 30-03-2008
10. Presented a paper on “Behavioural Remediation programme for Students with Obsessive – Compulsive Disorders.” In the International Conference on “Higher Education and Globalisation: Prospects and Challenges” at Mother Teresa Women’s University, Kodaikkanal dated 23-02-2008 to 24-02-2008
11. Presented a paper on “DOUSA-HOW: A psychotherapy for children with learning disabilities.” In the International Rehabilitation Conference on “Making A Difference” at HolyCrossCollege, Trichi, dated 10-12-2008 to 12-12-2008
12. “Budding Meta cognition through reflective practices for enhancing inclusive education” : International Conferences on Educational Research and innervations for inclusive Society. at School of Education and HRD. DravidianUniversityKuppam ,dated 19-03-2009 to 21-03-2009.
13. Destiny makers with deficient Armoury : A Study- In the UGC Sponsored International Conference on Educational Leadership preparation and practices in India- Organized by Sree Rama Krishna mission Vidyalaya College of Education- Coimbatore; in collaboration with School of Education Harvard University ,USA and Educators International INC.USA,dated 11-06-2009 to 13-06-2009.
14. Presented a Paper on “Website learning: A fascinating technique for teaching science” in the International Conference, Organised by CTE at Trivandrum, dated October 30 to 31 2009.
15. Presented a paper on “Reflective Practices for mitigation of Human Conflicts” in the International Conference on mitigation of Human Conflicts at Annamalai University, on February 18 and 19, 2010.
16. Presented a paper on “Attitude of Teachers towards the inclusionof children with special needs”in the International Conference on Adaptabilityand responsiveness in teacher education organised by Govt. College of Teacher EducationTrivandrum on 18th and 19th June2010
17.Presented a paper on Student Teachers perception on Teacher Disposition: Special Reference to Emotional Quotient, in the IXth Annual Convention and International Seminar of council for Teacher Education, Kerala State Centre on “Peace Education: An orientation for Gen Next; on 13th and 14th Aug 2010 organized by St. Tomas College of Teacher Education, Pala.
Paper presentations at National level
Presented Papers in 8 National Level Seminars
Workshops/Seminar/ Conferences attended
Participated in more than 40 workshops and prepared textbook materials and handbook materials; participated in curriculum construction and syllabus preparation. Attended more than 35 Seminars/ Conferences at National/International level.
Experience as Chair person
1. Chairedtwo Research sessions in the International Conference on “Higher Education and Globalisation: Prospects and Challenges” at Mother Teresa Women’s University, Kodaikkanal.
2. Chaireda Research sessions in the International Conference organized by CTE at Trivandrum on 30-31st October 2009.
3.Chaired a session in the International Conferenceorganized by CTE at Trivandrum on 30th to 31st October 2009
4. Served as Moderator in the Meetthe Masters Session in the National Refresher Course cum Workshop in Frontier Areas of Research Methodology of Social Scientistsorganisedby IQSC ResearchWingofMar Theophilus Training College and HRD Wing of Creative Curriculum Concept Foundation on 17th to 22nd May 2010 at Thiruvananthapuram.
1. Prepared study materials on Educational Planning and Administration for the department of Centre for Adult, Continuing and Extension Education, University of Kerala.
2. Prepared study materials on Research Methodology for Correspondence Course for the Rajeev Gandhi Institute for Youth Development, Sreeperumbatoor, Tamilnadu
3. Prepared study materials on Population Education for Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi.
Resource person in the International Workshop on “Designing Curriculum Framework for International Diploma in Educational Planning and Administration” (Sponsored by Commonworth of Learning, Vancouver, Canada) at Centre for Adult, Continuing Education and Extension, University of Kerala, Trivandrum, dated 15-12-2006 to 17-12-2006
Resource person in National Workshop on ‘Value Education’ at RIE, Mysore
Resource person of State Council of Educational Research & Training (SCERT)
Resource person of Kerala State Literacy mission (KSLM)
Resource person of Centre for Adult Continuing Education and Extension (CACEE), University of Kerala
Membership of P.G. Board of Studies (Edn.)
Member of Indian Adult Education Association (IAEA)
Member of International Association of Educators for World Peace (IAEWP)